Give Your Time
Go the Distance. Be the Difference. Volunteer!
Providing service support to our clients and residents, volunteers play a major role in the quality of life provided to individuals in our care. Over 1,700 volunteers of The Good Samaritan Society contribute to assist us in providing care to over 6,000 clients.
In addition to personally rewarding and important volunteer tasks, The Society provides volunteers with orientation, training and support, and further educational opportunities.
- Over 12 years of age to volunteer independently – children under 12 years of age can volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Complete an application form
- Attend an initial interview with a Volunteer Coordinator
- The completion of a Police Information Check is required
- Provide two references that are not from family members
- Complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment form
- Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of volunteer services