The Good Samaritan Society (A Lutheran Social Service Organization) is now accepting nominations for the Board of Directors.
The Good Samaritan Society bylaws state the following regarding Director qualifications:
- Directors shall be voting members* of the Society, at least seven (7) of whom shall be Lutheran.
- Other Requirements – No person otherwise qualified to be a Director of the Society shall be elected or appointed or serve as a Director if that person is;
a) declared bankrupt and remains undischarged from same;
b) an employee of the Society; or
c) mentally incompetent.
*Voting members must agree to uphold and further the mission, vision and values of the Good Samaritan Society (A Lutheran Social Service Organization). Click here to download the membership application.
The Society is currently accepting nominations for three regions. The three regions, as defined in the by-laws are:
- Southern Alberta District shall mean all parts of the Province of Alberta lying south of the most northerly point of the City of Red Deer (and for greater certainty includes the City of Red Deer).
- Coastal British Columbia District shall mean all parts of the Province of British Columbia lying to the west of a straight line which is drawn to the southerly and northerly borders of BC and which would cross the following two points (a) the most westerly point of the City of Hope, in BC and (b) the most westerly part of Watson Lake in the Yukon Territories.
- Central British Columbia District shall mean all parts of the Province of British Columbia that is not part of the Coastal British Columbia District.
Deadline for nominations is May 15, 2012.